The Green Hornet, Michel Gondry (2011)



I really don’t know how to start this one. I love Michel Gondry’s works from The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep to his The White Stripes and Bjork’s videos. To be honest I’m not into super hero’s stories of any kind so it came as a surprise when I heard about his The Green Hornet. I was doubtful about the final result but I had to see it with my own eyes.
First of all, The Green Hornet is a masked vigilante whose first appearance occurred in 1936 in its homonymous radio show.  And it is possible to find similar traits between The Green Hornet and Batman: they are both rich, no super-power, Batman (1939) is just 3 years younger than The Green Hornet and both have a partner. Kato, The Green Hornet’s partner is a gadget genius who knows martial arts while The Green Hornet is a just a rich kid with an ego bigger than his fortune.
Other than that, the film is just another super-hero film with a hint of comedy like millions of others and Seth Rogen’s performance will never be missed.

 



Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.